Sep 4, 2012

Homemade Dog Food

Snoop usually eats regular dog food, but recently he has been difficult. Some say it's because of the weather, some say it's because he is spoiled! He has not being eating breakfast and he doesn't show an interest in dinner either. Sometimes just before bed, he eats some of the dog food in his bowl but he doesn't seem very excited about it..

Today I decided to make homemade dog food. I know many people feed their dogs raw and homemade food and I wanted to try making some.

The ingredients are minced chicken, brown rice, oats, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I cooked all of them in a pot for a while and made a Homemade Doggie Chicken Stew! I tried it and it actually tastes pretty good!

Did Snoop like it? Yes! He licked the bowl clean and asked for more! I put the rest of it in containers so that I can freeze them in individual portions. Here are 7 days worth of Snoop's meals. Are you happy, Snoop?

1 comment:

  1. wow - talk about a lucky dog!! our friends to that and its been a big success (but a huge process for us with 3 big ones...!)

    that photo is GREAT - if you had made 2 more days of food the stack wold have been as tall as him. the look on his face is wonderful - he sure looks like he is one happy dog...

    ReplyDelete